Tuesday 17 April 2012

Wilder Woman of the Week ~ Georgia O'Keeffe













~ I saw a Georgia O'Keeffe painting when I did a tour of the White House. It was a highlight of the tour.
~ I often think if I returned to study Art History I would write a thesis on Artists & their estates, using Georgia O'Keeffe, Pablo Picasso & Jackson Pollock. Georgia O'Keeffe left her estate to her assistant. Her Will had many codicils, & was contested by her family.
~ Georgia O'Keeffe reminds me of one of my favourite moments as an Art History student. In my experience Art History students are painfully taciturn in tutorials. I'm pretty sure I passed a paper or two based on my willingness to contribute in a tutorial. In this particular tutorial myself and a girl named Hannah were the only students to regularly participate. Towards the end of the session on Georgia O'Keeffe Hannah blurted out "But they do look like Vaginas!" Best moment ever. I wanted to applaud her.

No comments:

Post a Comment