Friday 15 June 2012

Wilder Web

Here's some stuff of interest I've discovered recently ~

~ I really, really like this piece from Blue Milk about adolescent sexuality.

~ As someone who still has fond memories of D'Angelo's naked music vid, this article is an interesting read. I don't agree with everything it says necessarily. And I think a big point that they've failed to mention is the fact that the video in question seemed to me a vehicle in which D'Angelo was deliberately objectifying himself. In contrast Erykah Badu gets completely naked in her Window Seat video, yet there is nothing sexual about it. She is not saying "Look at my hot body, y'all!"

~ Speaking of which, apparently Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips saw Window Seat & thought Badu would be just the right woman to get her kit off in a music vid for him. Here's a taste of what went down.

~ Conflict Kitchen is a take-out restaurant that only serves cuisine from countries with which the United States is in conflict. I have no words for how awesome this is. And the food looks delicious.

~ Teardrop Campers! Can you say adorable? The salmon pink below is pretty much my dream vacation now.



~ When it comes to 90s pop culture Agent Lover is boss. Here's her breakdown of Poison Ivy. Brill!

~ The Kahu Ora | Living Cloaks exhibit at Te Papa is pretty amazing. I highly recommend.

~ Also worth checking out in Wellington right now - the All Woman exhibit at The New Zealand Portrait Gallery. If you go on a Wednesday you'll also get a lunchtime lecture

~ A Wilder Woman I discovered at the above exhibition = Kathrine Switzer. She was the first woman to run the Boston Marathon as a numbered entry, in 1967. Check out the pics below of a race official trying to physically remove her from the race before being sent flying by her boyfriend.



~ Some people are just too amazing for words.

~ How amazing does Queen Michelle of Kingdom of Style look in these pics? I love every single thing about the outfit. Major girl crush going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment