Thursday 30 August 2012

Wilder Web

Stop apologising for your Arts degree. Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!

A brilliant piece by Laurie Penny of The Independent ~ If you really believe in WikiLeaks, you must want Assange to face up to justice. "So please, don’t ask if one alleged sex attacker out of hundreds of millions currently walking free and unpursued across three continents should be made to answer for his actions in a court of law when all that distinguishes him from the rest of the army of decent men doing despicable things to women without facing the consequences is the fact that he happens to have personally embarrassed several governments."

Mighty Girl has compiled a list of 180 Things to Be Happy About. Here are a few of my favourites ~
34. Seeing my husband’s face light up just as much as the baby’s when they see each other.
44. Watching my daughter carry around a Patty O’Green doll from the 1980s like it’s the hottest toy ever. (I had a Patty O'Green doll when I was a kid. I don't know what happened to it but Koko has the Rainbow Brite doll that was my sisters.)
121. Men with crinkle-eyes when they smile. (Hello, Apa!)


Eep! I must go to Stockholm, take the subway, & get off at every single stop so I can check out these amazing stations.

The Royal Tenenbaums is one of my favourite movies. Here are all the book & magazine covers that appear in the film. (via Yum & Yuk)

Tavi Gevinson & Ira Glass! I love both of these people.

Brilliant! The Amazon reviews of the Bic for Her pen.

If Pokemon were drawn by Tim Burton.

Literary food! I would live in District 12 if it meant access to Peeta's Stuffed Cheese Buns.

Simon Sweetman wrote an awesome piece about his visit to Evil Genius! So cool! I'd like to think I added to the community feel he writes of when I inadvertantly arrived when he was there & announced "Hi!" to the whole store as per usual.

I think Laurie Penny may just be my new hero. Here's an amazing piece on rape, which is so worth the read, but obviously "comes with a trigger warning for rape and sexual assault that should be visible from space." (via Morgue)

Arrested Development is one of the funniest shows ever made. Here are 53 jokes that you might have missed.(also via Morgue)

And just to prove how awesome Morgue is, read his response to the exhibition being shown at The Dowse that is only to be viewed by women. Honorary Wilder Woman fo' sho.

And finally, even though almost everyone I know has already seen or linked to this, New Zealand really knows how to do a charity song. Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment