Tuesday 30 October 2012

100 New Recipes ~ Spiced Lentil Soup with Coconut Milk

Part of my Life List challenge to try 100 new recipes ~ #5 Spiced Lentil Soup with Coconut Milk
 
 
I first saw this on Felicity Weller & had to immediately try it for myself. And I'm so glad I did. This recipe was an absolute winner, & I'll be making it many, many more times in the future.
 
This is the recipe, although I made a few slight changes out of necessity. I used brown lentils rather than green, added a little tumeric and curry powder, rather than one or the other, used lemongrass from a jar, left out the cardamom (my man is not a fan), & used powdered nutmeg rather than fresh. I only had a small handful of fresh baby spinach so I added some frozen spinach as well. And, obviously, I used dessicated coconut rather than flaked.

 
We ate this with our favourite garlic & coriander roti on the side. One of the most delicious meals I've eaten in a while. This soup is very similar to a dahl, though a little sweeter. Even better ~ the leftovers the next night. The flavours were perfect, & the lentils had soaked up the excess liquid. We added some greek yoghurt, which worked perfectly.
 
Seriously, you need to make this for your dinner tonight. Deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment