Wednesday 5 December 2012

My Top Five Movie Wedding Dresses

1. Julie Andrews as Maria in The Sound of Music

 
I love a dress with sleeves, the neckline is beautiful, the simplicity is perfect, & the cathedral length veil looked stunning as Maria walked down the aisle to a choir of nuns. And let's not forget that she was marrying gorgeous Georg.


2. Clemence Posey as Fleur Delacourt in Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows

 
 
A wedding dress with Peacocks on it. Perfection!
 

3. Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City

 
Okay, so I know this wasn't the dress that Carrie got married in, but god it was splendid! The blue bird on the side of the head, the perfect make-up, the veil...everything came together beautifully here. Special shout out to the equally stunning bridesmaids' dresses ~
 
 


4.  Jennifer Lopez as Mary Fiore in The Wedding Planner


I remember very little about this movie. I remember that Mark Ruffalo was cute but seemed slightly retarded. I remember Olivia Newton-John's 'I Honestly Love You' was mentioned at some point. And I remember loving this dress (sleeves!). I also remember seeing this at the cinema with my parents and my mother telling me I looked like J Lo. Bahahahahahaha! Perhaps she was talking about my sizeable derriere.
 
 
5. Meryl Streep as Karen Blixen in Out of Africa
 

 
I don't even know where to start with this wedding outfit. So unique. So perfect.
 
 
What movie dresses have caught your eye?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment