Friday 1 March 2013

Wilder Web



Our Sea of Plastic by the marvelous Craig Santos Perez. (via Tagi)

I went to the Playboy Mansion (& it was kinda depressing). "Wandering through the house gave me a feeling not too dissimilar to when a relative dies and you have to go to their place and figure out what to do with their things. Except for, in this case, that dead relative was the magazine industry. Or something. I don't really know what I'm talking about. But the mansion was really, really sad. And it smelled like old man." 

24 Places That Look Not Normal, But Are Actually Real. (via Buff Dan)

A great piece by Jemima Khan on Julian Assange. (via Morgue) "I don’t regret putting up bail money for Assange but I did it so that he would be released while awaiting trial, not so that he could avoid answering to the allegations."

I have a new hero in Kristine Holmgren who backed out of a blogging deal when she was told not to use the word "feminist".

To My Male Relatives on Facebook Who "Like" Sexism. I think we all have a cousin or two who should read this.

I watched this trailer for An Abominable Crime, a documentary on Jamaica's violent homophobia, & was moved. I donated what little I could to the kickstarter set up to finish the film. You should too. (via Yum & Yuk)

HOLY SHIT this was a close call!!! (via Dooce)

What 13 People Wore to their interviews with Anna Wintour. (via A Cup Of Jo)

Wow. Just...WOW! Beck put together a 157 piece orchestra to perform his reimagining of David Bowie's Sound & Vision. Prepare to be amazed by the genius that is Beck.

Here's your heart warming happy tears story of the week ~
 



No comments:

Post a Comment