Thursday 30 May 2013

Wilder Web


I couldn't find a pretty picture for you to match any of the links, so instead I give you this masterpiece of Marc Bolan with a Swan. You're welcome.

I'm kind of obsessed with New York City right now. My parents are there at the moment, & Apa & I are planning to go for a holiday this time next year. I'll have to make sure I rewatch How to Piss off Every New Yorker in 36 Seconds before I go to avoid any faux pas. (via Nubby Twiglet)

Again with feminism & art, Huffington Post has An Incredibly Frustrating Conversation. (via Ange) 
"Sisterhood isn't sisterhood without mentors actually looking out for the next generation."
I don't eat bananas, but if I did I wouldn't buy Dole after reading this. They've since removed the Ethical Choice labels, but we'll wait & see if they change their practices also.

Head to Frank Stationary next time you need to buy a backpack or notebook. For every purchase you make the same item is donated to a New Zealand child in need. Their blog is pretty interesting too. (via Evie Kemp)

Air New Zealand are happy to appropriate Maori culture for its advertising campaigns, but won't allow it in its cabin crew. It is also telling that I found this story via former Race Relations Commissioner Joris de Bres, while current Race Relations Commissioner wouldn't comment.

Questioning the Meaning of "Ethical" Fashion.

A timely (for me) & awesome piece on Making a Gentle Return to Healthy Habits. (via Yum & Yuk
"It’s a struggle to stay on point all the time. But who cares? You fall off the wagon. So does everyone. Forgive, forget and then get back on the healthy living horse. No guilt. Just acceptance and a way to move through."
Wilder Woman Tavi Gevinson interviews Wilder Woman Emma Watson.

Here are 20 Wilder Women Shaking Things Up On Twitter.

Russell Brand again proves that he is an intelligent & skilled writer & social commentator.

Former child star Mara Wilson gives an insider's perspective on Reasons Child Stars Go Crazy. 
"When I was 7, I went to the premiere for the movie Nine Months. I don't remember much about the movie beyond Hugh Grant stammering and some placenta jokes, but I do remember a red carpet reporter asking me my opinion about Hugh Grant getting busted for prostitution."

Penn and Teller on Vaccinations. Got kids? Watch this ~



No comments:

Post a Comment