Saturday 19 October 2013

Wilder Women ~ Sathima Bea Benjamin

Jean Grae is one of my favourite Wilder Women. I've had the pleasure of seeing her live a couple of times, and not only is she a brilliant music maker, but also an incredibly hilarious and engaging performer. If you ever get the chance to see her live I highly recommend you take it. 

But I'm not here to showcase Jean Grae. You see, Jean has just written a beautiful tribute to her mother, who died earlier this year. And at the end of that tribute she linked to this beautiful piece. 


This is stunning and soulful. I recommend you save this for a quiet moment, pour yourself a drink, sit back, close your eyes, and let the music wash over you.

Music like this really is the spirit within you.

Sathima Bea Benjamin ~ a new Wilder Woman to add to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment