Thursday 6 March 2014

Wilder Web



This interview asks Janet Mock what Beyoncé song would best describe Zora Neale Hurston. So, read it!


Wow. This F1 pit stop ballet is a case of blink and you'll miss it. (via Dooce)

Whoa. Shit got a bit meta when I read Dooce's Earnest Blogging post. I think she might have read my mind, especially with:
"The first step was realizing that I’ve become disengaged from joyous activities. In fact, I’d go as far as saying that I’ve avoided joyous activities because I could better use that time getting things in order."
I mean, that pretty much describes my twenties, right there. If only I'd actually managed to get a couple of things in order while I was missing out on all those joyous activities.

The Day Someone Threw Me A Rope is a must read for expectant or new mothers, & also anyone who is ever going to come into contact with the parent of an infant. So really, pretty much everyone.

Wilder Women inspiration, ahoy! 10 Creative Women Over 80 You Should Know.

Heart breaking and brilliant. Why love is not all you need is another must read.
"It feels a little cheap and tacky to say it. To say that I was saved, not by the love of my friends or the indefatigable courage of my mother, but by little red pills. In the narrative of mental illness, love and acceptance is supposed to be the saviour. Not for me. Love, categorically, did not save my life. Chemicals did. Because chemicals were what was killing me."
Fit and Funky is a sweet story about listening to your kids & having faith in them.

The Day My Behaviour Became "Too Much" For A Woman. (via Ace Lady Network)
"Women are constantly chastised for being too much of anything: too loud, too boisterous, too sweary, too fat, too thin, too cocky, too good at recognising patriarchy when it stares them right in the eyeballs."
Yeesh! This Oscar Voter Reveals Brutally Honest Ballot
"I often choose personal friendship when I am torn between two almost equally good options..."
My imaginary bff Anna Kendrick describes her Oscar Weekend Diary.

10 Creative Rituals You Should Steal.

Kevin Spacey Answers Questions that Female Celebrities Get Asked ~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment