Thursday 26 June 2014

Wider Web


This is a photo of six white men on a panel at the Global Summit of Women. It is also a classic case of not judging a book by its cover. Here's why This Panel of Six White Male CEOs Is Great News for Women.

What We Do In The Shadows looks like the kind of hilarious movie you don't want to miss. Luckily, the film's genius marketing campaign will ensure you won't forget to catch it. Proof that the marketing is getting through: I had a What We Do In The Shadows dream the other night.

The fabulous Michele A'Court on what it's like to be both a comedian and a female.



I have a friend whose baby arrived too soon earlier this year, so this article about Wedding gowns for angel babies is particularly poignant. Such a lovely, special idea.


I've been to Brisbane once, & I gotta tell ya, I don't think it's the city for me. I'm more of a cold, dark, gothic Wellingtonian than a hot, bright, colourful summer lover. There was one thing that I loved about Brisbane though (other than my wonderful family, who I would travel to Brisbane to visit again in a heartbeat) ~ The Queenslander.

An interview about an interview. More specifically, a brilliant piece on Steve McQueen breaking a ten year silence to give his final interview to a high school student who was brave enough to ask for it.

Heather Armstrong of Dooce has been on a trip to South East Asia with Exodus Road to look into the work they do to help girls and women caught up in sex tourism and sex trafficking. This post of hers had me in tears. I can't even explain how perfect this piece is, so just read it for yourself.

Queer Eye for the Mormon Bishop Guy. What can I say? This is fabulous!

I went to the Matariki Poetry Slam at Te Papa last week. What a night! Here's the deserving winner Ben Stokes performing his second poem of the night. Swagger going swell, brother! ~


No comments:

Post a Comment